Bank of Guam® 2022 VISA® DEBIT for Palau “A December to Remember” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Bank of Guam 2022 Visa Debit A December to Remember Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the Republic of Palau who are 18 years of age or older as of November 14, 2022 Palauan Standard Time (“PWT”). Void outside of the Republic of Palau, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. and Guam law.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: Begins at 12:00:00 AM PWT on November 14, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PWT on December 11, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner and fourteen (14) additional Prize winners (hereinafter referred to individually as "Prize Winner" and collectively as "Prize Winners”) selected in a random drawing four (4) days after all eligible entries are received, December 15, 2022.
4. TO ENTER: You do not have to be a Bank of Guam customer to enter the Sweepstakes. There are two (2) ways to enter:
o AUTOMATIC ENTRY: An eligible Bank of Guam Visa debit cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Bank of Guam Visa debit card point of sale (POS) purchase of $25.00 or more made with her/his/their Bank of Guam Visa debit card during the Promotion Period in the Republic of Palau. Bank of Guam Visa Classic and Gold credit cards, Mastercard® Regular and Gold credit cards, and Corporate Mastercard credit cards are ineligible for sweepstakes participation. Only Bank of Guam Visa debit card purchases or payments made with a Bank of Guam Visa debit card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Bank of Guam Visa debit cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PWT on December 11, 2022 in order to be eligible for the random drawing. o
o TO ENTER BY MAIL WITHOUT PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION: Hand-print your complete name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), a valid email address, and Bank of Guam, Visa Debit “A December to Remember” Sweepstakes on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper, and mail it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: Product Experience Group, c/o Bank of Guam, P.O. Box BW, Hagatna, GU 96932. Mailed entries must be postmarked between November 14, 2022 PWT and December 11, 2022 PWT and received by December 14, 2022 PWT in order to be included in the random drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mailed entry will count as one (1) entry into the random drawing and must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of Bank of Guam (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: Fifteen (15) potential Prize winners will be randomly selected four days after the last day of the sweepstakes among all eligible automatic and mailed entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. On the drawing date, eligible entries would include all Bank of Guam Visa Debit transactions made in the Republic of Palau that are processed from November 14 , 2022 at 12:00:00 AM PWT through December 11, 2022, at 11:59:59 PM PWT. Mailed entries that are postmarked within the campaign period will be entered into the drawing as soon as it is received.
The drawing will be conducted under the direction of Bank of Guam’s Director of Product Experience Group. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be announced on the Sponsor’s social media to include but not limited to Instagram and Facebook. Potential winners will be announced on or about 4:00PM PWT on December 15, 2022 and will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of random drawing date. Potential winners will be required to verify their eligibility by presenting one valid government-issued photo for identification (local driver’s license, local state ID card, or passport) and by completing and securely signing and returning a Bank of Guam Release Form where legal, within five (5) business days of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, such prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
6. PRIZES AND THEIR ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV)
Total ARV of all prizes: $4,304.95 No transfer of any prize will be permitted. If a prize winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her/their jurisdiction of residence, such prize may be awarded in the name of his/her/their parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on such winner as set forth herein. Any expenses not specified relating to the acceptance and use of the Prize are the responsibility of each winner of a prize. All winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the value of the prize. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prizes will be available for pickup at the Bank of Guam Palau branch located where the winner resides. All winners will have 30 calendar days from date of contact that prize is available for pick up to claim their prize. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, such prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. All prizes are nontransferable or assigned and no substitutions or cash redemptions; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the event of the unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal of greater value. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: The Sweepstakes is conducted in English. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final, binding and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all social and public records of potential prize winners, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential prize winner shall authorize such checks. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a potential prize winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such checks. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her/their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, Employees of Bank of Guam, and each of their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of prizes. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Territory of Guam, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Territory of Guam or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Territory of Guam. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the Territory of Guam.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received to award the prizes and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis or pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, regardless of whether any such cause was foreseeable (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available after December 15, 2022 PWT, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2021 PWT, to: Marketing Department, c/o Bank of Guam, P.O. Box BW, Hagatna, GU 96932.
13. SPONSOR: Sponsor: Bank of Guam, P.O. Box BW, Hagatna, GU 96932.